Book Title: Doctor Mozart Music Theory Workbook Level 2C: In-Depth Piano Theory Fun for Children's Music Lessons and HomeSchooling - For Beginners Learning a Musical Instrument
Publisher: April Avenue Music
Author: Paul Christopher Musgrave
You can see some sample pages from this Doctor Mozart workbook at DoctorMozart.com/LookInside.php
Help Your Child Succeed with Music
Music theory knowledge is essential for your child's success. Doctor Mozart's keyboard-based approach to music theory can help your child succeed with any musical instrument, including piano, guitar, flute, violin, and voice. Doctor Mozart workbooks will help your child with:
- Entertaining graphic memory aids that help your child stay interested and remember each lesson.
- Clear, detailed explanations in short, simple sentences.
- Highly effective exercises to ensure that your child understands every topic.
- Experience with writing notes, clefs, and musical symbols by hand, for learning that is deep and enduring.
Order all three Level 2 workbooks to cover the following topics in depth:
Level 2A Topics
- Pitch: Ledger notes; whole steps up and down; the C, F, and G major scales.
- Musical Time: Eighth notes, dotted half notes, primary and secondary accents, time signatures.
Level 2B Topics
- Pitch: Major and minor 2nds and 3rds. Perfect 4ths and 5ths. White key accidentals. Major and minor triads. Primary triads on I, IV, and V in C, F, and G major.
- Musical Time: 2/8, 3/8, and 4/8 time signatures. Eighth rests.
Level 2C Topics
- Pitch: Scales and key signatures: D major and B flat major. Intervals: Unisons, octaves, 6ths, and 7ths. Natural minor scales. Harmonic minor scales and primary triads.
- Musical Time: 16th notes and rests. Dotted quarter notes.
A colorful certificate of achievement at the end of each book rewards students for their effort.
After completing the Level 2 workbooks, your child can progress to the more advanced Level 3 workbook, for success with a musical instrument at an intermediate level.
Ideal For Music Lessons and Home Schooling
Because each topic is explained clearly and in detail, Doctor Mozart workbooks are easy to understand for children and parents alike. Hence they are ideal for home schooling.
As well, Doctor Mozart workbooks are exceptionally helpful with formal music lessons, no matter what other teaching materials are used. They are also compatible with the Royal Conservatory of Music® Basic Rudiments program and the Music Teachers' Association of California Certificate of Merit®.
Doctor Mozart Level 2 workbooks are ideal for children aged 7 years and up.
Music Teachers Reviews
"I have been searching for a theory book which will enhance the piano student's lessons rather than bore them. The Doctor Mozart theory book is filled with everything for which I have been searching. The pages are colorful, and there are interesting, fun tips that help students retain information in ways not found in the traditional theory books." J.K., Maple Grove, MN
For more teacher reviews, please see the Level 1 workbook descriptions or visit DoctorMozart.com .